How many times have you left the house to go out where there is not a place to plug in your cell phone or tablet hoping that you had just enough battery life to get by only to find that your device is drained long before you had thought it would be. What's worse, you have to check your email since you are expecting something important. As a blogger, it happens to me far to often. This is why when Sunjack Solar sent me the Sunjack Portable Solar Charger, I was very excited! Never would I be without a charged mobile device again!
After using this product for a few weeks, I have found that this product is even better than I hoped it would be. What makes this awesome is the solar charger and the battery combination. This means that I can charge from the charged battery at night, or the solar panel when the sun is out.
Solar ChargerIt has four large solar panels (14W monocrystalline solar) that are each about 6-inches by 9.5-inches and folds neatly into a tablet sized case that you can easily stow away in your glove box or survival bag. It is also a nice light weight.
- The solar charger has four large solar panels that are around the size of a large tablet.
- There are two USB outputs on the solar charger assembly so you can charge two devices at the same time.
- You can charge the battery and charge the device from it or you can charge your device directly.
- Folds to 6.25-inches by 9.75-inches by 1.75-inches thick.
- Weighs 2 pounds
BatteryThis battery is powerful enough to charge any device that can be charged with a USB cable. It had no problem charging my ridiculously huge smartphone. I have a Galaxy Note 3 which is pretty much the biggest smartphone out at the time of this writing. In fact, it can charge my phone several times with one battery charge.
- Fully charged in about 5-hours with the solar panels in direct sunlight.
- Can be charged if plugged into a wall outlet.
- (1) 2 Amp Micro USB input
- 2 Amps to charge the two USB outputs.
- The 8,000mAh lithium-polymer battery which can be charged in just a few hours of direct sunlight.
- This should be good for 1000 charge cycles
- There are LED power level indicators and an LED light.
Imagine a worst scenario where you are stuck without power for hours. Frustrating isnt it? Now imagine if you power is out for several days. This isnt as uncommon as you think. I have been in several situations like this in my life and read about them almost every week. If you need your phone to reach loved ones or emergency services, you cannot be without your cell phone. Especially in a world where land lines are becoming a thing of the past.
Maybe your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere and your battery is dead from trying to restart it or maybe you are lost in the woods. What do you do then?
With the Sunjack Portable Solar Charger, it will be very difficult to run out of battery power in your mobile devices. I recommend this product to ensure that you are always charged.
Sunjack Solar was initially funded through Kickstarter, which I find cool and has donated many Solar Chargers for humanitarian efforts. They also offer a 20W Solar Charger kit with 2 batteries, and a USB powered Camplight 8 LED bulb which is quite bright (340 lumnens). Be sure to check them out.